A low carb diet would help me lose weight, no doubt about it. But bread is just so good! I love to eat, I love to make it, I love to just smell it! Nope, low carb is not the life for me!
I don’t always have time to knead and play with dough the way I love to but everyone in my house eats bread pretty much daily. My 21 year old son will eat a good sized dinner and then come back an hour later to make 2 or 3 pb&j sandwiches. (I’m not exaggerating at all here!).
So bread in my house is a must. A lot of bread is needed to keep these guys happy! But with work, a house, kids with games and homework and laundry, and getting dinner on the table ( why do they want dinner every. single, night?!?!) and everything else that life throws at me, I just don’t have time to make intensive bread recipes all the time.
So I came up with a recipe that is simple, requires very few ingredients and almost no hands on work. And this bread is SO SOFT! Trust me when I say this, it is the best sandwich bread out there. Period. Try it and I guarantee you’ll love it as much as my bread-loving crew do!
Super Soft and Simple Sandwich Bread
Makes 1 Loaf
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp quick rise (or instant) yeast
- 1 cup very warm water
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ melted butter, cooled to room temperature
- Put sugar, yeast and warm water in the pan of your bread machine. Let sit for about 10 minutes until the yeast is foamy.
- Add flour on top of foamy water. On top of the flour add the salt and cooled butter.
- Set bread machine to ‘dough’ setting and let the machine do the work for you!
- Lightly grease loaf pan and set aside.
- When the bread machine indicates that the dough is ready (mine takes 90 minutes), punch down the dough and turn out onto a lightly floured board. Knead for about 2 minutes and shape into a loaf shape, making sure that any seam is on the bottom of the loaf.
- Place loaf in the loaf pan and cover lightly with greased plastic wrap. Set aside to rise until doubled in size. Toward the end of the rising time, preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake at 350° for about 25 minutes.