I wrote about my early morning baking HERE. You can find my recipe at that link for Chai Spiced Biscotti, which is adapted from Johnny Iuzzini’s recipe.
So, without further ado, here is the second Biscotti recipe from this morning – Cranberry Orange and White Chocolate.
Cranberry Orange and White Chocolate Biscotti
Makes about 12 biscotti cookies
Adapted from Johnny Iuzzini’s Recipe
For the Dough
5oz all-purpose flour
3oz granulated sugar
½ teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 whole large eggs, lightly beaten
Zest of one orange
2.5 ounces (about 1/2 cup) dried cranberries, chopped
1/2 cup pistachios, chopped (optional)
For the glaze
5 ounces white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the dry ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the oil, eggs and orange zest. Add egg mixture to the dry mixture and mix until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX. Stir in the cranberries and pistachios, if using.
- Shape into a flat rectangle a parchment lined sheet tray, about 5×7 inches.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool slightly and then cut into 12 slices. (I cut off the ends and snack on those right away!) Lay the slices on their sides on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Reduce oven to 300F and bake slices for 15 minutes. Flip the biscotti and bake another 10 minutes until crisp but not browned. Remove to a cooling rack and leave to cool.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. If the chocolate is not completely melted, microwave on short bursts until smooth and melted. Drizzle over the cooled Biscotti. Lay on parchment paper until set.